Selected Employment History:
Nov 2010 – Current
Tri-Cities Community Health Behavioral Health Services:
Mental Health Therapist and Case Manager — I work with a wide range of cultural populations, stages of development, levels of chronicity and mental health concerns in English and Spanish. These included persons of various minority and mainstream populations along with varying age groups from young children to those who have geriatric concerns. Their needs range from behavioral concerns, needs as described on the Axis IV of the DSM IV-TR, and pscyho educational demands regarding mental health. My positions also have afforded me the ability to connect with various community organizations.
Aug 2013 — Current
Adjunct Faculty — I have compiled and facilitated a comprehensive bachelor’s level course regarding case management.
Dec 2009 – Jul 2010
Universidad Nacional San Antonio Abad del Cusco:
English Professor — In the Language Center of UNSAAC I taught and preparing an assortment of English courses for various student competencies.
Mar 2008 – Sep 2009
Spokane Regional Crisis Residential Center:
Support staff | Intern | Shift Leader — I worked with youth who are homeless and runaway teenagers along with their families. All of these families were experiencing various crises in their lives in Spokane County. I frequently worked cooperatively with other organizations, completed my terminal research project, assisted with writing a grant, and created new group curriculums, and facilitated staff training.
Jun 2008 – Jul 2008
Spokane County Juvenile Correctional Facility:
Aggression Replacement Training Facilitator — I worked with an evidence-based program often implemented to work with adolescent criminal offenders. The process uses cognitive skills through a group educational format.
Jun 2007 – Nov 2007
J. Ethan Construction:
Crew Member — I completed construction projects.
Aug 2004 – Sep 2006
Jubilee Leadership Academy:
Residential Advisor | Shift Leader — I worked at a behavior modification oriented boarding school for at-risk teens in Prescott Washington. The facility includes a school, a vocational training program, and a residential program.
Skills & Aptitudes:
- Demonstrate leadership in planning & implementing large events
- Collaborate effectively with peers
- Broad network and connections with key community leaders
- Solution focused problem solving at the micro and macro levels
- Operate Microsoft Office with proficiency
- Creative endeavors with graphic & web design
- Associate of Arts (AA) from Columbia Basin College
- Bachelor of Social Work (BASW) from Eastern Washington University School of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from Eastern Washington University School of Social Work
Professional Connections & Volunteerism:
Historically and recently I have volunteered domestically and internationally at a wide variety of organization, groups, committees, and other programs. Most notably currently I am chairperson for the Pasco Discovery Coalition. A comprehensive list can be requested.
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- A list of professional references is available upon request