I hope that you are all having a wonderful week!
Unit Introduction and What You Will Learn
Week four is a continuation of laying the groundwork for this course. It is focused on providing an overview of the helping process. The Hepworth et al. (2017) text formats the helping process into three phases.
- Phase 1: Exploration, Engagement, Assessment, and Planning
- Phase II: Implementation and Goal Attainment
- Phase III: Evaluation and Termination
During the session, we will be examining an overview of considerations we should have in each of the phases. We will also be looking at how we set the environment with our clients and what the interviewing process looks like. The agenda is:
- Overview of the three phases of the helping process
- Setting the environment
- Interviewing clients
In talking about rapport and connection with clients, we review Leach (2015) to understand some of the strategies and behaviors that improve client trust. You can read the paper:
A-02: Reading Quiz for chapters three and four is due at 5:30 PM before class via My Heritage
To Do Lists
- A-01: Class Engagement: Participate in Class Wednesday at 5:30 PM
- Read Chapters three and four of the Hepworth et al. (2017) text.
- A-02: Reading Quiz for chapters three and four is due at 5:30 PM before class via My Heritage