I hope people are looking forward to your presentations this week. If you looked at the W-07: 2/28 - 3/6 page last week, I just updated it and am hopefully providing some helpful feedback for people who’s presentations are this week so I’d recommend reading this email (the course page carefully).
Unit Introduction and What You Will Learn
We are in Week 7, and we are beginning two weeks of presentations! There will be no quizzes or videos. Instead, all weekly points will come from discussion participation. The objectives are as follows:
- Students will learn from each other by providing group presentations on selected topics.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to gather information about conditions.
I really value feedback about how the classes I teach are going. There are two opportunities each semester, at the beginning of the semester and the end, to provide feedback about the course. I do read this and have an honest desire to be the best teacher I can be. I’d be grateful if you would consider completing the Spring 2022 Midterm Feedback for SOWK 322 Survey.
I also just finished (02/26/22 at about 1 pm) going through the posts that people completed for Week 6 in the forum Sharing High Quality Source with Context. I spent a couple of hours writing pretty detailed feedback around formatting, source selection, and other things related to APA. I hope people will go back and check the forums and look at the feedback there as I believe it will help you get the best grade you can in this/next week’s presentations. I often went back and showed exactly how a reference would look for people. If I didn’t give feedback (but you posted earlier this week), then your post looked good. Another resource I am including is a handout, Writing Resources: APA Seventh Edition Feedback List. This is a collection of feedback that I have pre-written and sometimes use to give feedback to students (some of it was included in the feedback from the forums above). It really is a list of areas that students sometimes make mistakes and I include links to where you can read more about how to improve your writing. I hope that it is helpful for people.
While it is the same information that is in the syllabus, there is a handout - Assignment 03: Disability Population Group Presentation Description. You can also see that actual assignment A-03: Disability Population Group Presentation Groups 1-4 or A-03: Disability Population Group Presentation Groups 5-8 as well as A-03b: Group Presentation Self-Reflection Questionnaire that will be due after the presentations are all completed, on Sunday 3/13.
The groups are as follows:
|Autism Spectrum Disorder||Group 1|
|Cystic Fibrosis||Group 3|
|Deaf/Hearing Impairment||Group 4|
As well, you can go directly to each of the forums:
- Group 1: Autism Spectrum Disorder
- I merged group 2 into other groups
- Group 3: Cystic Fibrosis
- Group 4: Deaf/Hearing Impairment
- If you are presenting this week
- Make sure someone in your group posts the presentation in the appropriate thread by 9:00 AM on Monday.
- As a group, respond to all questions and comments your presentation receives. All group members do not have to respond to every comment, but each person should be present in the thread and contribute something.
- If you are NOT presenting this week
- Please view all the presentations.
- Please make at least three substantive comments or questions on three separate presentations.
- At least one reply should be during early on in the week
- Comments should include enough content to allow for dialog with the presenters. Questions are highly encouraged.
To Do List
- Non-presenters: Ask questions in the forums on at least three presentations
- Presenters: Answer questions and comments in the forums.
- Complete the Spring 2022 Midterm Feedback for SOWK 322 Survey