Unit Introduction and What You Will Learn:
During week 15, The reading is about various services and networks related to disabilities. The following are the objectives for this weeks learning:
- Gain a basic knowledge about organizations that support persons with disabilities at a national level.
- Use critical thinking to understand who these services are for and what some of the gaps might be
- Consider data sets and how to read and understand the information provided
- Read Rothman’s (2018) chapter 16, “Overview of Network and Services in the Public Sector”
A–01: Asynchronous Participation and Engagement
Students are to make at least three replies across any of the five open forums this week. Remember, the expectation is to read all of the posts. Your responses can include another student’s reply if you contribute something substantial to the discussion. Be sure to post on two separate days to show engagement. The forums include the following:
- The forum, Browsing and Sharing the Resources in the Chapter, encourages students to read through the chapter and explore some of the resources provided
- Who Would the Information Be Helpful For is a forum that provides the opportunity to explore a specific website in more depth and report what they find there.
- In What Services Would You Use , students are offered a scenario and discuss how they would respond to working with a similar client as well as applying local resources.
- The forum, Potential Gaps In Services gives a place to consider community needs, and discuss what are some gaps in services that students might be aware of.
- Finally, in Sharing Information from a Data Set, students are encouraged to dive into data sets and consider how to read and understand this information.