I hope you are all well. I’m looking forward to class this week. Still working on finishing up grading papers. The slides will be posted in My Heritage prior to class this week, but I’m also not quite done with them either.
Unit Introduction and What You Will Learn
Week nine continues the work we started in week seven and looks at assessments. We will examine our own bias, and students will have a chance to go through and do an implicit bias test. During class, we will discuss social histories, with an opportunity to practice asking questions about this in small groups. Also, students do their teach-back activity. If there is time, we will do some activities around genograms and eco-maps.
A-01 Class Participation and Attendance
Attend class. A reminder that we will be doing a teach-back project during class. Students will have time to prepare in class, but you are encouraged to do some preparation before class. The groups are as follows:
- Assessing biophysical Functioning (pp. 168-172)
- Assessing Cognitive/Perceptual Functioning (pp. 172-176)
- Assessing Affective Functioning (pp. 176-180)
- Assessing Behavioral Functioning (pp. 180-182)
- Assessing Environmental System (pp. 182-186)
Midterm Grades Due
Midterm Grades Due Wednesday 10/18/23 at 5:00 PM by the instructor
The slides for week 09 can found on presentations.jacobrcampbell.com. You can see
Coming Soon ... [Fall 2023 SOWK 486w Week 09 - Lab Day - Assessments]().
Coming Soon < iframe src="/embed" height="405" width="720" style="border: 1px solid #464646;" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></ iframe>
You can find the recording of all of our classes in the lecture videos for this course. You can find
[Fall 2023 SOWK 486w 1 - Week 09]().
< iframe src="" height="405" width="720" style="border: 1px solid #464646;" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay" aria-label="Panopto Embedded Video Player"></ iframe>
To Do Lists
- A-01: Class Engagement and Participation Attend class
- A little less than half of you have completed the SOWK 486W Survey Mid-term Review, please fill this out before Friday.
- Midterm Grades Due Wednesday 10/19/22 at 5:00 PM by the instructor